Set on the natural bank of the Tred Avon River, this modern home utilizes white polished concrete supporting a Douglas Fir butterfly roof that celebrates the interplay of light and industrial craft. It is the first of its kind on the Chesapeake Bay and established an unprecedented environmental approach for Talbot County due to its habitat restoration and sensitivity to the site. Designed and completed with uncompromising engineering and architecture while respecting and improving the waterfront site. The brilliance in the home's presence and life is light and passive, yet its structure and materials are robust; it will outlive generations. Details include geothermal systems, radiant heated and cooled floors zoned throughout, a premium professional kitchen, and an ultra-high performance concrete rain screen. The house and amenities sit at about an 18 ft elevation above the mean high water level and offer unattainable proximity to the shore, within 100ft. A long pier with two power lifts and MLW 6+ deep water can accommodate large sailboats. The beautiful exposures from the 450ft of shoreline enjoy views of the protected conservation land of Ratcliff Manor. One may complete the cottage and pool as they wish and add another guest suite or a modern cabana. By every measure of material, exposure, amenities, elevation, nature, ecology, low-e, and robust strength, it is an incomparable home. All of this, while it lives gently, conceding to the site and surroundings, elevating the qualities of life on this protected shore.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Contemporary, 1 Story
2 Full/1 Half
Hot Water Heater, Tankless Water Heater, Softener
4,000 sq. ft
Yes - 3 spaces
Talbot County Public Schools
- Range/Oven Built-in, Dishwasher, Disposal, Washer, Dryer
- Central Air, Electric, A/C - Zone, Geo-Thermal
- Electric Heating. Radiant, Geothermal, Zone.
- Heated, Entrance Outside, Poured
- Insulated, Low-Emittance , Screened
- 2+ Access Exits J, Main Level Entry, Roll-In Shower.
- Additional Interior Features
- 9Ft+ Ceilings
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces. Driveway, Lighted, Private.
- Pool Description
- Lot View
- River, Water, Scenic
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Riprap, Water Front, Private Dock, Front Yard, Landscaped, Fishing. Front Yard, Landscaping, Level, Premium, Private, Vegetation Planting.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price